“Extraordinary facilitation each step. I feel lighter, stronger, peaceful with more insight into my well being.” 2017 participant
Dates: Saturday, October 13 – Sunday, October 14, 2018, 9am-6pm each day
CE’s: Massage Therapists receive 16 NCBTMB CE’s, open to the public
Facilitators: Tracey J. Moon, LMBT & Sharon Nash, MA
A 2-Day non-residential Mindfulness and Meditation training and retreat at Blueberry Gardens, a lovely oasis between Baltimore and DC off of Hwy 108 near Clarksville and Olney.
There is a beauty that begins to form when we live life with more mindfulness and presence. In this training and retreat we will share simple tools designed to help you reconnect to a happier and more resilient way of being. We will explore practices such as meditation and mindfulness, breath awareness, movement and sound healing. All will benefit from the practices, whether you are an experienced meditator or a beginner.
Mindfulness promotes deeper understanding of our own human experience, increases awareness of internal body messages and helps shift unhealthy patterns to positive ones. Research has shown that a mindfulness practice can also reduce stress, physical tension and pain, and reactivity. Through strengthening our internal awareness, our personal and professional lives can flourish with more resilience, less stress and increased happiness.
In this course, you will:
- Increase your capacity to meet difficulties, stress, chronic pain, grief and anxiety with attention, compassion and authenticity
- Learn specific mindfulness-based practices that you can incorporate into your daily life and professional practice
- Become more present and in-tune with your clients, co-workers, employers, friends and family by paying attention to verbal and non-verbal cues
- Learn about the most current research that supports mindfulness
- Increase your objectivity, flexibility, concentration and emotional and mental clarity
- Identify the physiological changes of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system that occur during the stress response and how breathwork and mindfulness practice can lower stress response, reactivity and pain
- Incorporate effective communication strategies using mindfulness-based communication approaches
Read more here.
This training and retreat is appropriate for all, including beginners. During the training and retreat you will receive instruction on basic meditation practices as well as any support and guidance you may need throughout the weekend. If you already have an established meditation practice, this training and retreat can provide you with the opportunity to deepen your practice as you sit in community with others.
Are there local accommodations?
This is a non-residential training at the beautiful Blueberry Gardens (between DC & Baltimore on Hwy 108). There are many hotels and AirBnB’s within a 10 mile radius.
Where is Blueberry Gardens located?
Blueberry Gardens is 10 miles from Rockville, 12 miles from Columbia and is conveniently located between DC and Baltimore on Hwy 108 at 237 Ashton Rd.
Yes. Cultivating Inner Stillness in a Chaotic World is NCBMTB Approved for 16 CE hours. You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the training and retreat to submit to your state licensing board or for recertification with the NCBTMB.
How do I register?
Simply click on the blue Register Now button below. Space is limited so please register early.
What if I have more questions?
We are happy to answer any questions you have about this training and retreat. Please email the facilitators: Tracey at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sharon at email@example.com or call 919-885-1069. You can also read the course description here.